Calling Nordic growth companies with high-impact solutions that can solve urban challenges in India
Welcome to our India Market Entry Bootcamp 2020 in Mumbai, 21st – 23rd October to assist you understand the Indian market and prepare you for the first important steps into one of the world’s largest emerging markets.
The massive growth and urbanization in India comes with challenges that only can be solved with a combination of new technology and innovative business models. We believe Nordic companies can be a good match for India; a sustainability-first mindset, combined with an emerging technology focus and open innovation ecosystems for research and entrepreneurship.
Welcome to 3 days in India to:
• Learn and explore the emerging market
• Understand the urban challenges and opportunities in India
• Pitch your solution and get straight feedback from experts
• Define an India Market Entry Strategy
• Network with the right people
Day 1: Bootcamp to supercharge you on India Business
• Introduction to India
• Introduction to emerging market mechanisms
• Business culture in India
• The Nordic entrepreneurship ecosystem in India
11:45 – 13:00
The participants work individually with mentors and advisors on:
• Initial validation of the market match for their product/service
• Business Model
• Initial market strategy
13:00 – 13:30
13:30 – 14:45
• Speaker 1: TBC
Challenges and opportunities in the Indian sustainable cities market
• Speaker 2: TBC
Smart City Initiatives in India
Government Initiatives easing entry for international entrepreneurs
•Speaker 3: TBC
A closer look at the Indian market and the Indian consumer
Market Entry Strategies
14:45 – 16:15
The participators Pitch for the expert Panel – Live Feedback
Companies pitch their product/service, business model and strategy to tap into Indian market. Experts from public and private sector will evaluate and give live feedback on the market-product fit, the business model, the market entry strategy and the presentation.
16:15 – 16:30
16:30 – 17:30
After valuable feedback from the expert panel, it is time to evaluate the feedback with the mentors and consider course corrections and refine the presentation.
Day 2: the Nordic Meetup, to make the right people meet
This edition of the Nordic Meetup focus on showcasing Nordic high-impact companies for public organizations, corporates and the entrepreneurship community in India.
Providing a platform to Nordic Innovations to find an entry into Indian market by bridging Nordic start-ups and scale-ups with business opportunities in India.
The massive growth and urbanization in India comes with challenges that only can be solved with a combination of new technology and innovative business models. We believe Nordic companies can be a good match for India; a sustainability-first mindset, combined with an emerging technology focus and good ecosystems for research and entrepreneurship.
The meetup in a nutshell
- Half day seminar in Mumbai followed by a networking dinner
- 3 keynote speakers and welcome by Chief Guest
- 8 Nordic high-impact companies with 5 minute pitches for an executive panel, giving live feedback.
- Moderated Panel Discussion with Nordic and Indian executives from governmental and private sector on «The potential for Nordic-India entrepreneurship collaboration in Smart Cities: Synergies, challenges, opportunities, sweet-spots, lessons learnt and next steps»
- 10 minutes Country Pitches from Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland
Day 3: Exploring India at the grassroot level
A day of maximum exposure to the “city of quick deals” to understand the ground realities from the inside of the 20 million people megacity.
As we move around Mumbai visiting sites -we will experience many of the challenges at close range. We will also see inspiring initiatives and talk to corporate- academic and even slum entrepreneurs.
We attempt to tailor the site visits to match with business interest of the participating entrepreneurs.
Stay in touch
Like our Facebook page (link) to stay tuned for more info on the event ongoing.
For more information, get in touch with our Program Director, Arun Sharma on email firstname.lastname@example.org